[TYPO3-english] ext: mnoGoSearch 2.0.0

Antonio Willybiro keiser_soze at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 20:14:43 CET 2008

"Dmitry Dulepov" <dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1225182408.1905.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Antonio Willybiro wrote:
>> Fixed, not sure wy but it was my 'mnoGoSearch indexing configuration'
>> record
>> set for news items. My single view parameter was:
>> &tx_ttnews[tt_news]={field:uid}. is that correct?
>
> This looks correct. Can you tell more about the problem? May be
> something from Apache error log? This is unusual and therefore
> important.

Well it seems that it was due to me messing around withthe racord i.e. when
i did not see any "Body text fields for the record" and tried several time
to add one then save etc.. I guess ths was the reason as as soon as i delete
that record the error disappeared.

>> I get result from the search form now!! great :)
>
> Sounds good :)
>
>> One question btw, how do i set the extension to index my page tree but
>> not
>> the page content? My understanding is that if i use the 'mnoGoSearch
>> indexing configuration' and set it to 'server - allow' it will index just
>> everything. and if I disallow it it will index nothing.
>
> I am not sure what you mean. If you index pages without content, you
> will not get any search results because when you search, you expect
> to find words in the content. Or do you want to index only page titles?
>
> Ot do you mean you want to disallow part of the tree? Than just add
> that part as "disallow". For example, you create http://example.com/
> as "allow" and http://example.com/news/ as "disallow". This assumes
> RealURL usage, of course.

I meant indexing of the page title only. I have a structure like this
- home
- politics
- etc...
on each of these pages therearenews article. i just dont want the news
articles to be indexed twice if I have two "mnoGoSearch indexing
configuration", one set to Server with allow http://example.com/ and the
other one set to Record:News.

After some testing it seems that this does not duplicate my records anyway.
but the website page tree title are not indexed either so how do i index
these?

Thanks
Antonio