[TYPO3-english] Presentation about open source and TYPO3

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Mon Oct 27 17:43:29 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov schreef:
> Hi!
>
> ries van Twisk wrote:
>> What's your point?? We all know this and that's the reason the guy
>> asked the community if there was something out there!
>
> My point is that not everything is free. Creative work like that is
> not likely to be free if it is really good. People normally want
> money for a good creative work.
>
> I know many people want everything for free. But as Kasper said:
> "There are limits!".

Hi Dmitry,

On that point you are absolutly right! Although this is an open source
community (often associated with free) not necessarily is for free.

The difference here is that I'm not asking for a specialized
presentation about some specific area of expertise. These are almost
unable to present if someone else made them, as Andreas points out. I'm
looking for something general, something that some companies might have
to show potential customers.

Perhaps it would be nice to have something like this available from the
Association, together with other marketing material like a brochure (see
other recent thread). I'm interested in investing time in this.

Cheers!