[TYPO3-english] "To top"

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 16:53:46 CET 2008

On 27-Oct-08, at 7:31 AM, Andreas Burg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> why so complicated. Ronald just asked:
>
>> I was expecting that by activate "To top", the inserted link will
>> go to
>> the top of the page, but it goes to Home (1st page).
>> Is there a switch or another way to do that?
>
> And I think if you click the "To top" checkbox, it has to render a
> "link to top" under the content
> element which scrolls up on this page, and in my installation it
> does. There's no need of doing
> anything. Just perhaps config.prefixLocalAnchors = all

Complicated?! Making sure the HTML is correct is complicated?

The advice was to make sure that there is an id on the page somewhere
that corresponds to the id in the href attribute of the "To top" link.
That makes perfect sense since the link can't work otherwise. Your
suggestion makes no sense UNLESS that condition is met, and is quite
possibly irrelevant even if the condition is satisfied.

Also, the fact that this works out of the box in your installation is
not particularly relevant either because (a) it obviously doesn't work
in the thread-starter's site, and (b) most TYPO3 sites are built with
custom templates, many of which don't include an appropriately named
id in the source code.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/