[TYPO3-english] Mount Point: does not work as it should

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Oct 26 11:18:32 CET 2008

Hi,

I have following structure:

root
   |-- page1
   |     `-- page2 (MP -> page3)
   `-- sysfolder
         `-- page3

If I make page2 a mount point for page3, it works as it should and show
me page3 (in the generate menu of subpages of page1 too).

The problem with this method is that if I want page3 to be translated, I
have to translate it as overlay of page2 (at least I think so).

Thus I check the option of mount page page2 to "Substitute Mount Point
(this page) with Mounted page" but then the menu of page1 does not show
the mount point anymore and if I try to show page2 from BE, I get that
an error telling me that it does not have a valid connection to the root.

Is this a bug?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en