[TYPO3-english] Presentation about open source and TYPO3

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Sun Oct 26 05:09:42 CET 2008

Thanks Dimitry for pointing this out.
I am presenting TYPO3 since 2004 on various international occasion and
conferences and it really takes a lot of time to reach the peers you want to
reach. A good presentation should also be presented by the one doing the
presentation! i.e. I am very sure even if you would have the presentation
(which are available in the net by the way for free like many many others!)
you won't be able to presented in the way actually this presentation was
meant when it has been created for a specific audience.

Holding a presentation from somebody else is very similar like a teacher
reading out all the lesson stuff and materials from one of those big
publishing companies only to fulfill his official lesson plan. The people
will feel "Let him talk!" and they will concentrate in something else as
they already know that the one presenting or teaching has ABSOLUTLY NO IDEA
about what he is talking as he has only chosen the most cheapest and most
affordable way for seombody with NO TYPO3 knowledge and there are lots of
them out there in the field of BIG business!

By the book of Dimitry and create a valuable presentation out of it if you
focus on Developers and want to reach developers.

Take the presentations of Webempoweredchurch (which are free!) if you want
to reach 0815 customers.

Or do it like in politics

Invest about 1000 euro and much more for a Ghost writer for one talk or
presentation of about 20-30 Minutes and about 30 - 50 pages. We do this also
for others in even different languages to all kind of themes. To create your
presentation we would need to know a bit about yourself - what you are doing
and what your interests are. This helps us to customize a talk so that you
will be able to present the presentation as something YOU have been created
(even you haven't at all!)

And of course we need to know the audience for which you need the
presentation. If you also would like to have the copyright invest another
4000 euro and we can talk about it. Please let us know the language you want
to have the presentation and the format.
widescreen or normal screen or with one or two projectors and so on.

If you need your masters thesis or any other work you want to present simply
contact us and we can talk about how to create and help you to get what you
want! By the way there are a lot of Ghost writers out there - simply search
for it!

Concerning TYPO3 you won't find many anyway - as they either write books and
sell them ;-) for BIG money and not on the 1 Euro buy and read me market.
They are producing Video Trainings - Ask Mike if we will give you his
presentation for Free ;-) - I don't think so - so better buy his Videos they
are only about 30-40 Euro each and you would need about 3-4 at least and ask
him if you will be allowed to reuse his wording (I don't think so!) or
simply use your own head and create something after you learned at least a
bit about TYPO3 at all.

As an Intro I would use the Videos and watch and practice with them in the
first week (fulltime) at least 40 hours + about 200 Euro for the Video
(perhaps more)
Then start reading the major TYPO3 books available even as PDF sometimes on
packt and elsewhere in the second week (fulltime) at least 40 hours I guess
you should invest more the 80 hours!!! (You will need about 200 Euro to get
all those major books as none of them is covering all colors of TYPO3 ;-)
Reading the Book of JoH and Dimitry in the third week (fulltime) at least 40
hours but it would be better to invest more then 120 hours so you can
practice with all those mentioned examples. + about 100 Euro - this is
pretty cheap but you can't paste and copy as this function is disabled in
the PDFs ;-) so invest at least another week if you intend to produce a
plagiat! without knowledge of the author (which is actually a copyright
infrindgement and you should not do it anyway)

Ah yeah forgotten. You should visit at least one Seminar about TYPO3 (prices
vary a bit between 500 - 5000 Euro) Take a well known one so you see how
stuff should be presented in a nice way to the audience and you can
assimilate a bit the presentation style.

If your have done this in the first month an invested about 1000 - 3000 Euro
you know a bit about TYPO3 and perhaps enough to present it to a simple
customer. If you intend to reach developers better stop right now and
invited some developers (it is cheaper and they know what they are doing ;-)
and are talking about - but don't think that anyone in the audience will get
what they are talking about :-(!

Or like said before use one of those services - for ghostwriters
Or simply go to your next school - donate them some nice computers and get
in return a well organised, checked and controlled presentation about TYPO3
made by our future and the future of TYPO3 - Students in our schools

Have fun - don't worry be happy! and enjoy your presentation.

Andi