[TYPO3-english] Display content-element only if user uses IE

Christopher Christopher at temporaryforwarding.com
Sat Oct 25 16:25:14 CEST 2008

"Tyler Kraft" <tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1224943833.19327.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Then you mena a specific number content item.
>
> In the cms all pages have an id number - as does each piece of content. If
> you hover over the Ctype icon in the page view of the BE you'll get the
> number.
>
> If you know this number you could then do an if test on the content and
> not render it under certain conditions.

Exactly.
I tryed for some time now and now I got the following:
Let's say my element has the id 4711 and is on page 10:

# If the browser is IE and page 10 is called, show the page normally:
[browser = msie] && [globalVar = TSFE:id = 10]
# Nothing to change in this case.

[else]
# Do not display the element with the id 4711
page.20.subparts.INHALT.select.andWhere = uid!=4711
[global]

As far as I see by now, this works.
Tyler, do you have a better idea?

> Just out of curiosity why are you doing this?
I have to add a link which opens the bookmark-menu of a browser:
window.external.AddFavorite("http://example.com","My Homepage")
Unfortunatelly, this only seems to work in IE;
not in other browsers like FF.

Christopher