[TYPO3-english] using pre defined templates

Rob De Vries spam_this at pandora.be
Fri Oct 24 11:27:16 CEST 2008

Steef Janssen wrote:
> Recently I made the transition from Joomla to Typo3. What I really liked
> about joomla that I could use exesting templates for creating my own
> template.
> After some research I noticed that to make an attractive typo3 website I
> really needed to implement a CSS.
>
> Now I have a template(just for testing).
> It contains the following folders:
>
> css
> images
> scripts
> typoscript
>
> and three html files
>
> home
> layout
>
> Now I have no idea how to use all of that to make it work. I know how to
> import the css and html files, bit where and how do I import the other
> files and how can I make it work?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> ps. I think if this would be clearer more people would make the
> transition to typo3!

Hey Steef,

like all new things in live, if you like to master it, you need to learn:

Modern template building
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_templselect/current/
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_templselect2/current/
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_templselect_nl/current/

templavoila template building
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_ftb1/current/

getting started:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_qstart_nl1/current/
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_qstart_nl2/current/

typoscript
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Nl:ts45min

if you would like to get started as soon as possible their are some
templates available:
http://webempoweredchurch.com/gettingstarted/templates/
http://yaml.t3net.de/YAML-fuer-TYPO3.105.0.html?&L=1
http://www.mediatech.net/

typo3 is not joomla, you'll notice that typo3 is much more complicated
but is also much more powerfull than hobby-cms joomla.

good luck

Rob