[TYPO3-english] translated content not displayed, only default translation of content

Bart Boeschen Hospers typo3 at ourlastyear.nl
Thu Oct 23 19:09:19 CEST 2008

Ls,

The default language on my TYPO3 (4.2.1) is Dutch. I'd like to add a
English translation to my site, but I've got troubles go get it working.

The changes I've made are:

1) added a new website language on the root of the site (thrue 'List')
2) extended my template config:

config.linkVars = L
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = nl
config.locale_all = Dutch
[globalVar = GP:L = 0]
   config.sys_language_uid = 0
   config.language = nl
   config.locale_all = Dutch
[globalVar = GP:L = 5]
   config.sys_language_uid = 5
   config.language = en
   config.locale_all = en_EN
[global]

3) I've added an 'Alternative Page Language' for an page I want to
translate.
4) On this page I've made a Localization for a contentelement containing
the English text (via "Create a copy for translation (English)")
5) Added the extension 'sr_language_menu' on the homepage, and selected
'Languages to select from' as English with the corresponding flag.
6) For my own ease, I've added to my pageTSconfig the default language
is Dutch:
      mod.SHARED {
        defaultLanguageFlag = nl.gif
        defaultLanguageLabel = Nederlands
      }

7) When I visit the homepage, I can select the English flag. But when
I've clicked on it, I still get the Dutch translation of the content
element. The only thing that has

changed, is the title of the page. The pagetitle is correctly displayed
in English as it should.

For now I'm stuck and hoping someone can shine a light on it, because I
can't realy find out which config error I've made.

Regards,

Bart boeschen Hopers