[TYPO3-english] Problem with my TYPO3 right frame

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Oct 23 08:49:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

>  Our client is using TYPO3 4.0.3. It was running fine all this while but
> suddenly there is a problem.
> 1.  phpmyadmin which is plugged as an extension in typo3 is not working
> properly. When i click on it, the right frame refreshes and home page of the
> website is displayed in the "right frame of typo3".
> 2. When i edit something on any page ans click on Save or Save and Preview
> icon on the top, again the right frame refreshes and home page of the
> website is displayed in the "right frame of typo3".
>
> What is the problem... can anyone please help

This is a well known problem that is related to one of the latest
versions of Firefox (problem is on Firefox, isn't it?)

The solution is as always to update to the latest stable version of
TYPO3 for your branch (4.0.x). The problem is that AFAIK this branch is
not maintained anymore and you would have to upgrade to 4.1.7.

Search the list, the problem for 4.0.x arrised a few days/weeks ago and
perhaps a solution was found.

BTW, I know that this is not always "easy" to update TYPO3 to its latest
version but then you should inform your customer that updating to a new
version of their browser is not supported. If they do not want to pay
you time to time for tweaking what's needed when a new version version
of TYPO3 is out, then they cannot be confident that updating another
"main" part of their environment will not cause some trouble. You did
specify versions of the browsers the website would be compatible with in
the specifications, didn't you?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en