[TYPO3-english] md5 password and sr_feuser_register INVITE

Stig Kjeldsen sk at itu.dk
Wed Oct 22 14:21:24 CEST 2008

Dear list.

I've problems with md5 passwords and sr_feuser register when Admin
INVITES new users to the site.

I'm using:
TYPO3 vers. 4.2.1
Frontend Login for Website Users (ext: felogin) vers. 1.0.0
MD5 FE Password	(ext: kb_md5fepw) vers. 0.4.0
Frontend User Registration (ext: sr_feuser_register) vers 2.5.19
(useMd5Password = 1)

When Admin (Backend User) invites a new user through sr_feuser_register
an email is sent to the user.

Everything is fine except the password. The password is the encrypted
password from the database. Like this:

Dear Stig,

We thought you might be interested in registering with XXX

We have created an account for you with username sk and password
320fefa935e212e1a6cdfeb2e559c4ed.

We are sending you this message so that you may confirm that you wish to
register with XXX. You will be able to access the section reserved to
XXX only after confirming your registration. You will also be able to
change your password and account profile.

If you wish to accept our invitation and confirm your registration in
XXX, please follow this link
<http://xxx.yy/index.php?id=54&tx_srfeuserregister_pi1[regHash]=528da482adac70a567f8>
Or copy and paste it into your browser.

At the moment it is not possible for the new user to confirm the
registration caused to the password. Is it possible to solve the problem
with the password?

Best regards

Stig Kjeldsen