[TYPO3-english] Realurl and pages with same path/title

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:24:01 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Maybe it is there to provide access to pages UNDER the hidden page,
> those should get the page-path from the hidden page. E.g.:

>  |-- B (hidden)
>  |   `-- C
>  |-- B (visible)
>      `-- D
>
> The path to "C" will be a/b/c (where "B" is the hidden "B").

May be. I truly do not remember :(

> Nevertheless it is clearly a bug to print have "a/b" return a "non
> accessible page". If we humans can distinguish it, TYPO3 / RealURL
> should also be able to do so. :) It might be technically "difficult" or
> doesn't fit in the current concept, but nevertheless is clearly a bug
> (as I have once submitted http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7547).

RealURL does not print these things :) TYPO3 does. RealURL gets
string and returns integer. That's all. Who will do what with that
integer — RealURL neither knows, nor cares :)

I still acknowledge the problem. It *is* a problem. But solution
needs thinking. Jumping to fix it quickly will be wrong because it
may break something else.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support