[TYPO3-english] Realurl and pages with same path/title

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 22 13:14:36 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote: on 22.10.2008 12:24:

> Бойчук Петро wrote:
>> I understand it, but don't you think this is bad behaviour of the system?
>> I think it would be right to use all checks available in TYPO3 to
>> resolve ULR to id.
>>
>> There is another misunderstanding in realURL, if there are two pages
>> with same title, and one of them is "hidden" realURL resolves url to
>> id of the hidden page.
>
> There was a reason for it. I do not remember exactly what was it but
> this behavior is made specially.

Maybe it is there to provide access to pages UNDER the hidden page,
those should get the page-path from the hidden page. E.g.:

 |-- B (hidden)
 |   `-- C
 |-- B (visible)
     `-- D

The path to "C" will be a/b/c (where "B" is the hidden "B").

Nevertheless it is clearly a bug to print have "a/b" return a "non
accessible page". If we humans can distinguish it, TYPO3 / RealURL
should also be able to do so. :) It might be technically "difficult" or
doesn't fit in the current concept, but nevertheless is clearly a bug
(as I have once submitted http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7547).

Cheers,
Ernesto