[TYPO3-english] tt_news multilanguage rss import

Ant Forshaw aoce61 at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 22 12:39:54 CEST 2008

Sorry about the formatting there - I'll post again and stick some carriage returns in!

I have been trying to find a way to import tt_news records from an RSS feed, and to correctly know which language to import from.
I have a multilanguage site which uses French and English, and I can import English news records from a feed.
If those news records have corresponding French translations then is there a way to automatically import the French versions too?
Ultimately, when the user is reading news in English and they click the French language selector at the top of the page, the news
record should just flip to the translated version.  Is this possible?

Ant Forshaw