[TYPO3-english] SPEED comparison of JS Frameworks

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 12:28:32 CEST 2008

Hi!

T.M.Snyder wrote:
> Yeah, I too. But I would not accept so much BIG code js library (biggest of
> all in KB) and then plus to have 4x times more time to execute code.
> This is inaceptable form an, how you calle it, *Enterprise* CMS.

I think it is acceptable for Enterprise CMS. Enterprise CMS require
Enterprise resources. Modern computers are fast enough, so
difference is noticable compared to network delays.

> There are better Libraries, much smaller and much faster, by also keeping
> good look, functionality and do not crash.

Many people—many opinions.

TYPO3 already comes with Protoype, which means that Prototype will
stay there forever due to compatibility reasons. If you like jQuery,
use it in your extensions.

> For me it seems that prototype is the worst of all js Frameworks. It may
> have been the first one, but that thats not the point.

I am not a fan of Prototype either but there is nothing you can do
about it. Forget it. Once it is there, it stays there forever.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support