[TYPO3-english] Realurl and pages with same path/title

Бойчук Петро petro.boychuk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 12:08:22 CEST 2008

2008/10/22 Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com>:
> Hi!
>
> Бойчук Петро wrote:
>> There is something unique - page is accessible for certain usergroup,
>> and only one page, not 3.
>
> Is it unique in the *url*? RealURL receives only URL and must return
> unique page id. User does not exist at that moment in TYPO3, it is
> created later.
>
> How can RealURL return unique page id from the URL if URL is the
> same for two or more pages? There are two pages:
> - My page
> - My page
> And there is one URL:
> - http://domain.tld/my-page/
>
> Which page does this URL refer to? Remember: there is no user yet.
> There is only URL, which must be converted to an unique page id.

I understand it, but don't you think this is bad behaviour of the system?
I think it would be right to use all checks available in TYPO3 to
resolve ULR to id.

There is another misunderstanding in realURL, if there are two pages
with same title, and one of them is "hidden" realURL resolves url to
id of the hidden page.

--
З повагою,
Бойчук Петро