[TYPO3-english] SPEED comparison of JS Frameworks

T.M.Snyder tmsnyder at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 11:00:45 CEST 2008

"Dmitry Dulepov" <dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1224661689.12294.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> T.M.Snyder wrote:
>> As you can see, it is really true that prototype sucks -  in performance.
>> And what we all want for apps, is to be fast, right?
>
> I usually want app to be good, not just fast. Good means not only
> fast but also have good look, good functionality and do not crash.

Yeah, I too. But I would not accept so much BIG code js library (biggest of
all in KB) and then plus to have 4x times more time to execute code.
This is inaceptable form an, how you calle it, *Enterprise* CMS.

There are better Libraries, much smaller and much faster, by also keeping
good look, functionality and do not crash.
The only example for this I know and tried is jQuery.

For me it seems that prototype is the worst of all js Frameworks. It may
have been the first one, but that thats not the point.
If you compare prototype code with other js frameworks (e.g. jquery) you
need 2x more code with prototype, to carry the same things out.
And this cann not be the goal for effective, fast, functional and "do not
crash code", right?

Sometimes less is more!
=)