[TYPO3-english] Ameos - Formidable - Rss Parser - No Items to display

Luc Muller l.mul-nospam-ler at ameos.com
Tue Oct 21 09:50:13 CEST 2008

hmmmm this seems very strange to me.

it's not a problem with typo3 verison I've tested in 4.2.1 too. and
lower 4.1.6 and other

could you try this ?

remember to always delete the file in
upload/tx_ameosformidablerssparser/ before any test.

in typo3conf/ext/ameos_formidable_rss_parser/pi1/xml/displayrss.xml
at line : 139
you got : function writeXmlFile($sFilePath,$rssData,$bUTF8 = TRUE){
modify with : function writeXmlFile($sFilePath,$rssData,$bUTF8 = FALSE){

delete the file in upload

and try again.

if it's not working you can go back to TRUE and

add a : debug($rssData);

at the start of the function.

there you should debug the rss data on your frontend.

either it will print |debug| or a lot of xml stuff. (if nothing appear
your debug is not properly configured, si devIpMask in the install tool)

if we got no data, the problem is coming before the writing of the file.

this would be a good start.

thanks a lot

Luc =:0)