[TYPO3-english] Futuristic Frontend Editing

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Mon Oct 20 09:26:56 CEST 2008

Erik Svendsen

> That podcast was more and less only a demo of a possible future. As I
> know, nothing much has been done with the idea. Probably because it's
> more complicated to achive than
> pixe_feediting together with Tapio's different extensions are besides
> TYPO3 standard feediting the only possible solutions today. Better
> functionality are planned for TYPO3 4.3.
>
> Never used it for customers, mostly because none of todays solutions
> gives any great benefits, even for editors with few pages.

anyway my pixe_feediting with tm_shared_lib adds
* frontend clipboard (supports both the default page module and
templavoila with correct configuration)
* better working move up/down for templavoila
* involve style forms on page editing (editing icons are hided and
hovering the content marked with dashed lines reveals them)
* section templates for the mode 'forms on page'
* supports the same icons of the backend if used t3skin,skin_grey_2 or
modern_skin
* custom icons possible
* customizable menu on top (admin panel can be added to the menu)
* toggle between preview and editing mode with one link
* possibility to add for the default page module 'Add new content
element' to the top of each columns - easy to add new content to an
empty page (needs related TypoScript

Anyway the layout of frontend editing is much *much* nicer than the
default frontend editing, which is really ugly.