[TYPO3-english] realURL Language problem

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Oct 20 09:04:51 CEST 2008

Hi!

Klaus Fumy wrote:
> we are running typo3 4.2.1 and realURL 1.5.2. Everything is fine exept
> one strange behaviour: When I use the page property field: Speaking URL
> pathsegment, in my default Language (German) everything is fine, but
> when I change to language 1 (English) realURL uses the pagetitle to
> generate the path instead of the Speaking URL Pathsegment.
>
> What might be the reason? (In elder versions of typo3/realURL,
> everything was ok, but I can´t say exactly when that behaviour appeared,
> because we discovered this behaviour not at once)

That field was changed to enable localization for it. If you edit page properties for that language, you can enter new value for each language. If value is empty, page title will be used (it is localized as well). Resorting to default language value for this field is not good because it could produce URLs in other languages.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team