[TYPO3-english] accessible gmenu.. typoscript question

piet roorda pietroorda at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 08:48:24 CEST 2008

sleeping over the idea of this gtmenu, I have the following thoughts:

what if we put the color and fonttype and size in the constants
and why not generate only an 1px wide image and keep it repeating as
we do in css;
... or:l why not do as in CSS Sprites: Image Slicing's Kiss of Death
(http://www.alistapart.com/articles/sprites/) creating an entire css
image in typoscript
OK so now we have three ways of doing it:

1. as suggested in accessible gtmenu
2. as in 1 but with in the constants.
3. creating in the typoscript the overall image used in css as in Image Slicing

either route will be favoured based on our typoscript/css experience
as an individual or as a team, so
cost/effort will certainly play its role here.
but shouldn't we take server load consequences into account too?
Does anyone has any thoughts on this.

cheers,
piet