[TYPO3-english] Futuristic Frontend Editing

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Sat Oct 18 13:57:29 CEST 2008

Hello Xavier,

That podcast was more and less only a demo of a possible future. As I know,
nothing much has been done with the idea. Probably because it's more complicated
to achive than

pixe_feediting together with Tapio's different extensions are besides TYPO3
standard feediting the only possible solutions today. Better functionality
are planned for TYPO3 4.3.

Never used it for customers, mostly because none of todays solutions gives
any great benefits, even for editors with few pages.

> Hi,
>
> This morning I watched the podcast "7 minutes of fame: Futuristic
> Frontend Editing" from T3DD06 and I must admit I was quite impressed.
>
> Now, I'm searching for solution regarding frontend editing (by BE
> users) and I only find extension pixe_feediting.
>
> So what is your experience with FE editing? What would be nice for
> many editors in charge of a few pages would be to be back to FE after
> login into the BE and have control over the page and elements just as
> shown in the podcast...

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no