[TYPO3-english] form field type encrypt data into database

Andrew Davis andrew at avagraphique.com
Fri Oct 17 15:58:31 CEST 2008

Dawid Pacholczyk <dpacholczyk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew Davis pisze:
>>  hi

>>  i searched the newsgroup and am not finding what i am looking for.

>>  i want to make a form to collect some user information, and save that
>>  to a database table. I want to encrypt some of the fields. is there any
>> functionality in typo3 to do this already or do i need to make a custom
>> extension to do the encrypting?

>>  I was goign to use t-mailform to do the database insertion, as it is
>>  pretty nice to use for that. I wonder if that could be extended to
>>  encrypt some of the fields.

>>  any help or advice is much appreciated

>>  thanks

>>  andrew
>>
> You can always try to use kickstarter and improve extension to your own
> needs. It`s not so hard like creating new extension :)

> Best regards,
> Dawid Pacholczyk

Hi david, thanks for your reply!! Yes i can use kickstarter, but the question
is, which piece of typo do i extend for this one, form field encrypting
function?

On the back-end this would be easy enough to decrypt, as i have an extension to
list the entries.

on the front-end, i am using tmailform for the form input. so are you
suggesting i make an extension to the tmailform extension, to intercept the
form field data from the form and encrypt it when it is sent along to the
database...

this is the source of the formfield:

<code>
<input type="text" name="tx_pilmailform_pi1[text][ssn]" value="" size="5"
maxlength="4">
</code>

I could encrypt the data from the field tx_pilmailform_pi1[text][ssn] right
before tmailform performs the db insert.

does this seem a sensible thing to do?

Thanks for any advice,
Andrew

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo