[TYPO3-english] tt_products and realURL in detailed view

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Oct 17 15:00:27 CEST 2008

Hi!

T.M.Snyder wrote:
> Thanks for the fast reply.
> But I still can't getit to work.

I did not understand the original problem. Do you mean that tt_products parameters are not encoded or a link to tt_products page is not encoded?

> In the realURL documentation, there are so many examples, but I don't know
> how to do it for tt_products.
> This documentation is more cryptic than user-friendly...

The manual is more like a reference, that's true.

This may help to get you easily started with RealURL:
http://typo3bloke.net/post-details/realurl_made_easy_part_1/
http://typo3bloke.net/post-details/realurl_made_easy_part_2/

> Anyway, I tried:
>  'fixedPostVars' => array(
>         '_DEFAULT' => array (
>             'tt_products' => array(
>                 array('GETvar' => 'tt_products'),
>             ),
>             array('GETvar' => 'tt_products'),
>         ),
>     ),
> But still nothuing works.

This is definitely not correct. The first syntax with GETvar is for postVarSets, the second is for fixedPostVars but it should not be for _DEFAULT (you'll get it on each page of the site!)

> I just need to get the var "tt_producs", which holds the uid, when clicking
> the "more" link in listview, to be passed with realurl, so that I can have a
> single view.
>
> With my upper example still the following error ocurs:
> Wrong parameters, GET/POST var 'tt_products' was missing.

I never worked with tt_products and I am not sure what variables it expects. But if it is just 'tt_products', it should work with:

'postVarSets' => array(
	'_DEFAULT' => array(
		'product' => array(
			array(
				'GETvar' => 'tt_products',
			)
		),
	),
),

You will get "product" segment in the URL followed by the product id. If you want to go further, you can use lookup maps to have product title in the URL.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team