[TYPO3-english] Record localization through overlay tables

Chetan Thapliyal chetanthapliyal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 22:08:55 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I have a very simple requirement to implement localization for one of my
  extension through language overlay tables. I searched a lot for the
same but I couldn't find any good reference. As a result I am trying my
luck here on this list. My questions are:

1) Is it (record localization using overlay tables) really possible at
present ? Some people have tried to implement the logic of pages overlay
to extensions (tt_products) but I am not sure if the basic support is
available in Typo3 core.

2) If I use localization feature available via kickstarter then is there
any API support for automatically fetching localized content, or default
in case no translation is available?

I would appreciate all suggestions and references in this regard.

Thanks.

Chetan