[TYPO3-english] TCE hook processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray

Sander van Gelderen mail at sandervangelderen.nl
Wed Oct 15 11:03:25 CEST 2008

Hello list,

I am using the hook processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray in numerous places.

A typical example of usage is to concat fe_user fields 'first_name' and
'last_name', and store the result in a new field called 'fullname'

I would like the TCA type of field 'fullname' to be 'none', because I
don't want the user to edit this field directly.

If I set 'fullname' to type 'none', the result is not stored in the DB.
If I set 'fullname' to type 'input', the result *is* stored in the DB.

I am tailing devLog, and can see all the correct values in
$incomingFieldArray in both cases.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thank for any help,

Sander