[TYPO3-english] Error Intalling mm_forum

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Oct 15 10:43:05 CEST 2008

Hi Ryan

Ryan Bilesky wrote:
> Well it doesn't seem to make sense to me that it would be an issue with
> running the extension when it doesn't even upload the extension, also I
> don't php.ini access I'm on shared hosting, but hey at least the hosting
> is affordable this way.

It's a common issue that sth. in TYPO3 needs more memory than allowed.  Always the only solution is to give TYPO3 (PHP) more memory - or maybe you modify TYPO3-code to not use so much memory (if this is a better solution for you ;-)).
On many shared hostings you can adjust memory_limit yourself with adding following line to .htaccess:
php_admin_value memory_limit 64M

(maybe it's php_value instead of php_admin_value).

If you can't adjust memory_limit to more than 32M you should change your hoster.

Steffen