[TYPO3-english] Error Intalling mm_forum

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Wed Oct 15 06:32:23 CEST 2008

Hi Ryan,
> I am trying to install the current version of mm_forum under the
> current version of typo3, there is a small issue, I select the t3x
> file to install from then after a little while my browser comes up
> with this error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes
> exhausted (tried to allocate 621022 bytes)
> in /home/rcbit/public_html/typo3/mod/tools/em/class.em_terconnection.php
> on line 162 Not sure what that means or how to fix it, I am hoping to
> get it resolved ASAP, to meet a deadline for getting the site online.
> Thanks for your help.

Your PHP does not allocate enough money to run the extension. You
allocate 32MB but the extension tries to allocate more than that. Go to
your php.ini and change the value of memory_limit to a value high
enough to not see this error any more. How high you can go depends a
lot on the RAM in your machine. I typically use 128MB.

Cheers,
Christian