[TYPO3-english] Calendar language

Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) ronald_lists at elmit.com
Wed Oct 15 06:17:54 CEST 2008

Got some questions to the Calendar base:
1. I am looking for to change the German language to English
2. The words are light on light background, how to change?

The manual says:

    Localization

Calendar Base supports localization using the same configuration as
TYPO3 and other extensions. The most critical and often missed step in
this location is to set the appropriate locale in Typoscript. This
locale information is used to generate day and month names in the
correct language.

   1.

      Open
      http://www.YOUR-SITE-URL.com/typo3conf/ext/cal/misc/locales.php in
      your browser. This will show you a listing of all the locales
      available on your system. Copy the the one that best matches your
      language and/or location.

   2.

      Within the Typoscript Setup for your page, add config.locale_all =
      MY_LOCALE where MY_LOCALE is the value you copied in step 1.

   3.

      View the Frontend Calendar pages. Day and month names should now
      be shown in the correct language.

http://www.YOUR-SITE-URL.com/typo3conf/ext/cal/misc/locales.php   shows:

      Default PHP Locale

    * LANG=
    * LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
    * LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
    * LC_TIME="POSIX"
    * LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
    * LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
    * LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
    * LC_PAPER="POSIX"
    * LC_NAME="POSIX"
    * LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
    * LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
    * LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
    * LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
    * LC_ALL=

      Available Locales

    * C
    * POSIX

I cannot figure it out! What do I need to do?

bye

Ronald