[TYPO3-english] I try RealUrl

Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) ronald_lists at elmit.com
Tue Oct 14 15:15:29 CEST 2008

Ok, I try RealUrl!

Installed realURL (1.1.0), opened the manual and followed the instruction:

(There was a _.htaccess, which I renamed to .htaccess)
 grep Rewrite .htaccess |grep -v ^#
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule
^(typo3|t3lib|tslib|fileadmin|typo3conf|typo3temp|uploads|showpic\.php|favicon\.ico)/
- [L]
RewriteRule ^typo3$ typo3/index_re.php [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
RewriteRule .* index.php [L]

(looks similar to the one in the manual)

TypoScript configuration

        TypoScript configuration

Like with “simulateStaticDocuments” you need to activate the generation
of the virtual file/path names in the TypoScript record – otherwise your
website will not utilize the new URL encoding method.

However that is trivial; just place these four lines in the main
TypoScript template record of your website:

   0: config.simulateStaticDocuments *=* 0
   1: config.baseURL *=* 1
   2: config.tx_realurl_enable *=* 1

For me that are 3 lines, and where should I put it?
I try Template => Root document => "**Click here to edit whole template
record*
<http://taipeichurch.org/typo3/sysext/tstemplate/ts/index.php?id=1#>",
looked at all tabs and decided to create a realurl.txt with the above 3
lines (without the 0: 1: 2: prefixes).
I used then in "Setup" of the Template as the first two lines:
# REALURL
<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT: source="FILE:
fileadmin/templates/schwarzgelb/typoscript/realurl.txt">

and get at the frontend:
*

  Error!

Unsupported TypoScript property was found in this template:
"config.baseURL="1"

This setting has been deprecated in TYPO 3.8.1 due to security concerns.
You need to change this value to the URL of your website root, otherwise
TYPO3 will not work!

See wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TYPO3_3.8.1
<http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TYPO3_3.8.1> for more information.

Aha, Google gives me a hint:
The documentation both in the TSRef and the RealURL manual is outdated
on this matter.

Now, before I can uncomment the <INCLUDE line, I need to figure out what
I have to do next, because with the <INCLUDE line the pages are not found.

The manual is now describing how it works, ... really great stuff, but
what do I need to do would be more effective to tell me.

Is it just to put this line into the localconf.php ???

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']

Is there somewhere a manual which I can use like a cooking book?

----

Typo3 makes fun and is a challenge each second, ....