[TYPO3-english] RealURL and typeNum bug

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Tue Oct 14 11:25:55 CEST 2008

Hello Dmitry,

> So it works with "L" but does not work with "type". RealURl does
> not know anything about "L" or "type". In fact, it does know
> anything about TYPO3 magic URL variables except for "id".

> I still do not see how it can be possible. Decoding process uses
> only path (/path/to/page), it does not use anything after the
> question mark (query part). There was a bug in ancient versions of
> RealURL, where everything after question mark was ignored. But this
> bug was fixed long time ago (many months) and existing query part is
> always appended to the regenerated query string. Unless you use a
> very old version of RealURL, I cannot see how RealURL can be
> invloved in "eating" type number :(

I use RealURL 1.5.2 and TYPO3 4.2.1.
Hm... then it should be TYPO problem... If RealURL doesn't care about
anything that is located after question mark and not described in it's
configuration, than seems like TYPO cann't handle correctly this
query... But I really cann't understand, why, because there is
"?type=98" in url, so it should be "visible" for TYPO.

Hmmm... Some idea come to my head: i tried another TYPO installation
on another server with another configuration, but also with RealURL.
And this problem also appeared there.
I added this to template setup:
help = PAGE
help {
  typeNum = 123
  10 = TEXT
  10.value = Help me.
}

You may see the result at www.anera-enterprise.de
When we have page on 1st level with default language, we still have
page with typeNum=0 loaded (http://www.anera-enterprise.de/immobilienmarkt.html?type=123)
But if we have different language or deeper path, than everything is
OK (http://www.anera-enterprise.de/en/english-version.html?type=123)
and (http://www.anera-enterprise.de/immobilienmarkt/immobilien-in-berlin.html?type=123)
Moreover, this installation doesn't use "srlanguagemenu" plugin and
that's why, when I click on german flag for german version, I'll get
"de" in URL and with this "de" typeNum also works even on first level
(http://www.anera-enterprise.de/de/immobilienmarkt.html?type=123).
Also normal path works great
(http://www.anera-enterprise.de/index.php?id=6&type=123) - first level
page with default language.

I supposed, that it may be some problem with languge versions. So, I
tryed same with non-multilangual site. And result was also the same:
http://www.lebensversicherung.to/lebensversicherung.html?type=123 and http://www.lebensversicherung.to/lebensversicherung/kapitalbildende-klv.html?type=123

But I still have no idea, why it's so...