[TYPO3-english] "Resource" commerce extension recommendations

La Farge Douglas doug at gcnpublishing.com
Mon Oct 13 21:56:20 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I have a new project that requires a commerce system.

The "problem" is it's not requiring what I'd view as "typical"
commerce system.  The system needs to sell typo3 "resources".

A registered FE_USER will be prompted to purchase various access
points to the site.  They might be required to purchase a PDF from the
site.  This would be a one time purchase - if they return to download
it again they have to pay for it. Other times might be a lifetime
download.

They might be required to purchase access to various tt_news articles
- either one time, for a month, or lifetime - (time dependent
purchases). In a way this is a subscription.

They may be purchasing admission/attendance to a live seminar.

We're looking at using the 'commerce' extension to accomplish this.

I guess I'm wondering if this is the direction we should be looking or
if there is another T3 extension we might want to look at.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Doug

Doug La Farge
doug at gcnpublishing.com