[TYPO3-english] Cannot login anymore

Bas v.d. Wiel j.a.m.v.d.wiel at tue.nl
Mon Oct 13 19:40:27 CEST 2008

Hi Ronald,
You could try uploading the following PHP script (all warranties are
void) and loading it in your browser:

<?php
$dbname = 'dbname'; //Put the name of your database here
$dbhost = 'localhost'; //Host where your database runs, likely localhost
$dbuser = 'username'; //username for your T3 database
$dbpass = 'password'; //Likewise, the password

$table = 'cache_pages';

$dbLink = mysql_connect($dbhost,$dbuser,$dbpass);
mysql_select_db($dbname,$dbLink);

$query = 'TRUNCATE '.$table;
mysql_query($query,$dbLink);
mysql_close($dbLink);
?>

Hopefully you know how to deal with PHP a bit. You should exchange the
placeholder values in the above script with the real values for your
database. The 'TRUNCATE' SQL command empties the table you define as
$table. In this case it's cache_pages.

Be aware that you should only do something like this as a completely
last-ditch effort! It's EXTREMELY insecure to leave this script on your
server and it may very well corrupt TYPO3's cache, since the clear cache
command does more than just truncate db tables. So do flush the cache in
the official way as soon as you get your login back, or be prepared to
face weirdness on your website.

In any case, you should get a new hoster. Having such a tiny limit on
your website is ridiculous by any decent standard. Or are you using one
of those $1,00 a month hosting packages?

Hope this helps!

Bas