[TYPO3-english] Idexed Search and PDF-files

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Mon Oct 13 19:38:33 CEST 2008

Hello.

I need to give an opportunity for site users to search phrases in
pdf-files, linked somewhere on site or located in some specific
directory.

I've searched in list for answer and found only this thread:
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-project-dam/2006-August/000463.html
A guy there said, that he will write some extension, that link DAM with
indexedsearch, but I found nothing similar in TER.

But i found there three extensions: powersearch,
powersearchindexlucene, powersearchui. As I understood, they provide
another search and indexing mechanism.

So, the question is: are the extensions above the only way for pdf
indexing? Or I may somehow use standart indexed search (maybe with
some another extension, that just extends opportunities of
indexed_search)?