[TYPO3-english] RTE inline styles instead of classes

Rudy Gnodde rgn at windinternet.nl
Mon Oct 13 15:41:21 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded a TYPO3 installation of a website which also has a
newsletter using direct mail to version 4.2.1. I noticed the RTE which
comes with 4.2.1 (version 1.7.5) uses classes to align text. This isn't
a problem in the website itself, but in the newsletter it is a
(possible) problem. For newsletters it's better to use inline styles (or
in case of Outlook 2007 as little CSS as possible) unfortunately. Is
there a way to get the RTE to work like that again?

I've already tried the following in TSconfig:

RTE.default.proc {
   span.fixAttrib.style.unset = 0
   p.fixAttrib.align.unset = 0
   div.fixAttrib.align.unset = 0
   keepPDIVattribs = align,class,style,id
   entryHTMLparser_db.tags.span.fixAttrib.style.unset = 0
   entryHTMLparser_db.tags.p.fixAttrib.align.unset = 0
   entryHTMLparser_db.tags.div.fixAttrib.align.unset = 0
   entryHTMLparser_db.tags.p.allowedAttribs = id, title, dir, lang,
xml:lang, class, style, align
}

RTE.default {
   buttons.left.useAlignAttribute = 1
   buttons.center.useAlignAttribute = 1
   buttons.right.useAlignAttribute = 1
   buttons.justifyfull.useAlignAttribute = 1
}

The RTE uses align attributes with this config (not ideal, but at least
it would work in the newsletter), but when I save it align is still removed.

If it's possible I'd like to get inline styles. But if that's not
possible, what am I missing in the configuration for the align attribute?

Thanks,

Rudy Gnodde
WIND Internet
http://www.windinternet.nl