[TYPO3-english] special query

Christian Tauscher christian.tauscher at media-distillery.de
Mon Oct 13 08:46:21 CEST 2008

This mail was already posted in direct-mail list, but unfortunatelly no
solution was found.

Maybe you know what to do?

Christian.

--------------

Hi dear direct_mail users/developers!

I use sucessfully tt_address as table for recipients. I have extended
via EXT:user_*** the fields in tt_address with

newsletter
category

The cateory field ist a comma separated list of intergers.

Trying to bild a special query looks first simple, but I failed finally.

Example: Select all recipients with cat 1 OR cat 32

Created by direct_mail:

SELECT uid,pid,deleted FROM tt_address WHERE (
	newsletter = '1'
	AND (category & 1)=1
	AND (category & 32)=32
	AND ...so on
	)
AND tt_address.deleted=0

This is a nice try, but what I mean is:

SELECT uid,pid,deleted FROM tt_address WHERE (
	newsletter = '1'
	AND
	(
		(category & 1)=1
		OR
		(category & 32)=32
		OR
		...so on
	)
)
AND tt_address.deleted=0

Mind the brackets and the OR

How to do this?
is there a way to wirite the query manually? This would be a nice feature.

Thanks for your help,

Christian.