[TYPO3-english] HELP! my typo3 site is damaged

Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) ronald_lists at elmit.com
Sun Oct 12 02:08:04 CEST 2008

Achim Gerber wrote:
> Hi Ronald
>
> just a side question - you might have thought about this already - does
> your browser have cookies enabled.

It is a requirement that you have cookies enabled. But you are right, I
have cleared several times the cache, but never checked the cookies.
Will do that.
> I did not check this out, how does typo3 manage user sessions server
> sided? maybe your localconfig.php is somehow corrupted.
> you might want to backup the localconf.php and replace it with the
> original  from the dummy package (typo3 download) and adapt it with your
> mysql user. Then go slowly back to your wanted configuration - step by step.

Good idea, I will track this too.
> it might also be interesting if you can make any changes in your mysql
> database with the install tool.  does your mysql user have write access?

Yes, I do have write access to the database. I verified again with mysql
command line that I can access it.
> wish you success - Achim

Thanks, that error cost me already 15 hours searching, ... but I learned
a lot!

bye

Ronald