[TYPO3-english] Gifbuilder

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 9 16:20:04 CEST 2008

Hi Stephen,

I encountered the effect that processing images (with boxes, text, etc.)
resulted in a 256-colour GIF-like effect stored as whatever format I
specified (this was using TypoScript GIFBuilder functions).

I went through the install tool settings and modified this:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im_mask_temp_ext_gif'] = '0';	//  Modified or
inserted by TYPO3 Install Tool.
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['png_truecolor'] = '1';	//  Modified or inserted
by TYPO3 Install Tool.

This produced nice looking images in the end. No dithering anymore, just
full colour stuff.

These setting do depend largely on the IM version you use. This was a
recent 6.<i don't remember>.

--
Jigal van Hemert.