[TYPO3-english] Left column disappers in firefox 3.x

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Oct 8 08:36:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

>> 4.1.x are fixed with 4.1.7 as far as I know.
>>
>> Else it's not any good policy not to upgrade. There are some
>> "security" concerns on older versions. Customer should always be told
>> about these risks. On most installations an upgrade is a fairly small
>> job, the only one I have used more than 1 - 2 hours with is one with
>> partly patched core.
>
> BUT Typo3 4.2 needs PHP 5 and many servers still use PHP 4.3.x, when at
> least patches for 4.1 series are important.

Well, PHP5 is now out for over 4 years. In addition it's possible to run
multiple versions of PHP on the same box, this means that it's easy to
run the latest version of TYPO3 while having legacy applications run on
the historical PHP4. If you do not own your own server, have not this
legacy application problem and are hosted by some company that did not
yet upgrade to PHP5, perhaps would be it wise to move...

And, BTW, w/o talking of PHP5, 4.3 branch of PHP is deprecated too.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en