[TYPO3] pdfgenerator produces wrong file

Michael Christensen michael at stenskjaer.dk
Sun Oct 5 22:07:49 CEST 2008

Philipp Gampe skrev:
> Michael Christensen schrieb:
>> Hi list!
>>
>> I have a problem with the pdfgenerators (I've tried pdfgenerator2 as
>> well as nc_pdfgen and the same problem occurs).
>>
>> I can include the link on my page, but when i press the link it
>> downloads a file named index.php - if I try to rename the file to pdf, I
>>  see, that it's got pdf-content and looks good, but the file i get
>> downloaded is a php.
>> When I try to download the pdf from Safari, it works - but any other
>> browser I've tested, downloads the index.php
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> Michael
>
> Hi,
>
> do you get any error message like can't modify header information or
> something like this... it sounds to me that it does not send the right
> header along so the browser threads it like a .php
>
> I would check anything which has to do with the header and or meta tags
> safari properly looks at the content of the file and therefore adds the
> right extension
>
> Best Regards,
> Phil

Well, I solved the problem - more or less..
I changed the config to simulateStaticPdf and added the .htaccess
configuration and then it worked with normal content (a bit edgy, but
probably just needs some adjustments), but with news content (tt_news),
it returns the error: FPDF error: GIF parser: unable to open file clear.gif

- Michael