[TYPO3] Realurl: uid in tt_news SINGLE-link

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Oct 5 21:50:06 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Nope :( I am in darkness :( May be mysql field character set is not the
> same as data character set? You can try someting like
> "concat(convert(field using utf8), '-', uid)".

Yes! There really seems to be a charset issue.
CONCAT(CONVERT(title using latin1),'-',uid))
works!

But don't know why. I thought database is in utf-8 (in mysql everything is set to utf8 in Mysql), TYPO3 is set to utf-8 and I passed the values I imported through utf8_encode() before

phpMyAdmin also outputs wrong umlauts - but TYPO3 FE/BE outputs everything right in utf-8.

Seems I have to spent some hours with annoying charset problems (I thought utf-8 solves all of these problems *g*).

Thanks four your help!

Steffen