[TYPO3] EXT: indexsearch - add to page

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at gmx.de
Sun Oct 5 00:08:06 CEST 2008

Aji Yahya schrieb:
> Philipp Gampe schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I am already all day, but I can not get the search box working on my site
>
> the searchbox works fine if I insert it as a plugin with the page module.
>
> but if I insert it with TS on my default template I just see the
> searchform and if I insert anything I get a nothing found message.
>
> I just can not figure out why it does not want to display the results
>
> I use the following TS
> --- quote begin---
> temp.suche < plugin.tx_indexedsearch
> temp.suche {
>   _CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
>   show.rules = 0
>   show.parsetimes = 1
>   show.L2sections = 1
>   show.L1sections = 1
>   show.LxALLtypes = 1
>   show.advancedSearchLink = 0
>   show.alwaysShowPageLinks = 1
>   show.resultNumber = 1
>   search.rootPidList = 2
>   result_link_target = 147
>
> }
> --- quote end ---
>
> I then insert it the the proper position
>
> the question is just that plain and simple, but I can not get it to work
>
> Best Regards,
> Phil

> Hello Phil,

> tell me, when you type anything inside the Searchbox and after you
> submitted the form, did you get the right page of the indexed search
> (Search Result page)??
> may be you forgot to add the "pidSearchpage"

> temp.search.pidSearchpage = (id of search result page)

> hope this can help you. :)

thanks for your answer

I not really sure if I set or not (guess not), but anyway the result was
returned in the same div element i put the searchbox in. But never with
any result accept that specific message...
but displaying it on the page with the plugin was my original intention...

I tried to use some other plugins (like macina_searchbox) for the
searchbox in the div but the never returned the result and did noting
better than redirecting me to the search page... :(

I can check it today, because my server is down due to maintenance...
I'll check it tomorrow

Best Regards,
Phil