[TYPO3] rte disappeared :(

Horn Gábor gabor at h3online.hu
Fri Oct 3 00:02:13 CEST 2008

Hello,

i run into a "little" problem whle upgrading an old site from 3.6.2 to
first 4.1.7 then 4.2.1. The problem is rte disappeared, neither the (now
sysext) rtehtmlarea nor tinyrte works, i just see plain textareas. I
deleted everything from typo3temp/, i removed rtehtmlarea from
typo3conf/ext/. Versions according to the EXT manager are 1.7.5
(rtehtmlarea) and 1.7.2(tinyrte).
I'm affraid something is kinda broken here, but i don't find any
relevant error messages to start work with (even checked php log on the
server and js window in browser). This is a very old site and database
is in latin1 can that be the problem? If it's not any suggestion please
where should i look for the problem?

thanks, Gábor Horn