[TYPO3] headerData

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:34:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

On 2-Oct-08, at 8:18 AM, Xavier Perseguers wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> Its the most basic question, i am going to ask.
>> i have linked the css files as follows for my site. Normal css is
>> linked but
>> the css for ie is not respondind. no changes are seen whatever i
>> write in
>> it. i have done it b4 also, but this time its not working. what
>> mistake i
>> have done here , not able to figure it out ?
>>
>> headerData.10 = TEXT
>> headerData.10.value(
>>  <!--[if IE]>
>>   <link href="fileadmin/templates/css/ie_fix.css" rel="stylesheet"
>> type="text/css" />
>>  <![endif]-->
>>  <!--[if IE 6]>
>>   <link href="fileadmin/templates/css/ie6_fix.css" rel="stylesheet"
>> type="text/css" />
>>  <![endif]-->
>>  )
>
> I never had again to use conditional comments but why not relying on
> pure TS with conditions:
>
> [browser= msie]
>
> and
>
> [version= =6]

We're heading a bit off-topic, but IMO, it's *far* better to let the
useragent with the nonstandard rendering modes (i.e. IE) identify
itself on the client side and request corrective stylesheets rather
than relying on TYPO3 or serverside scripts to deliver them. If you
use TYPO3's conditions the useragent must be identified at every page
request, but when you use conditional comments no browser except IE
even *sees* those conditional comments…

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/