[TYPO3] Migrating from Windows to Linux

Kevin Davison Kevin.Davison at rutherfordcontrols.com
Wed Oct 1 17:23:32 CEST 2008

>Don't do two things at a time!

>After that you have to import the database; mysql is fine here as well.

>If this works, you can then try an update; but make a backup first...
>That way you don't have any problems you might get if you update to
4.2.x.

>Christopher

It looks like I had several things going against me. I was changing
OS's, Typo3 versions, and I had a corruption in my MySQL tables that I
failed to notice. Once I used myisamchk against the bad table I was able
to transfer everything over to the new server and fix paths and things
to make it all smooth. Thanks for all the help to all those who replied.

That being said... I have an astonishingly noob question to ask.

Now that my site is up and running on my new server I'm seeing a mess of
code at the top of my pages. This only impacts the pages that were
designed by my predecessor and not the Typo3 native stuff like the
backend or the install tool. My ignorance shames me in not recognizing
just what I'm seeing but it appears to have several references to both
Typo3 and MySQL.

I have seen this before with our old PHP-based Intranet site and it was
easily resolved by modifying my PHP.INI to prevent messages/errors from
being displayed. I have compared my new PHP.INI on the Linux server to
the old one on the Windows box running Typo3 Quickstart and I can't see
any glaring issues that would need to be corrected. I've also gone
through and compared the setup/config of each of the two Typo3
installations as well as sift through the localconf.php of each but no
luck.

Can anyone slap me on the wrists and point out the astonishingly simple
mistake that I've made? I've been searching forums, Google etc for a
couple of days now and come up empty-handed.