[TYPO3-english] Problem with CONTENT

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Nov 28 15:14:22 CET 2008

> This doesn't
>
> 20 = CONTENT
>     20 {
>
>       table=pages
>       select {
>         where = hidden=0
>         pidInList.field = uid
>         #max=1
>       }
>       renderObj = IMAGE
>       renderObj {
>         file.import=uploads/media/
>         file.import.field=media
>
> I put certain page an image to the media field. I just don't
> understand why the latter doesn't work - no image fetched

pidInList.field = uid

While this is OK for tt_content records of the current page, it doesn't help
very much here, since you don't want to get media from a subpage of the
current page but the current page itself. Even pidInList.field = pid
wouldn't help very much, because there might be other siblings of the
current page.

So IMHO it would be better to use a pure IMAGE element with data from the
current page record instead:

20 = IMAGE
20 {
       file.import=uploads/media/
       file.import.data = page:media
}

This way you will get content from the media field of the current page and I
guess this is what you wanted.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian