[TYPO3-english] OpenID in T3 4.3

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 28 12:02:34 CET 2008

If I remember correctly someone was asking here the other day about how to
get the OpenID support in 4.3 working (I have no access to my mail archive
at the moment and I couldn't find it in the mail archives online).

I just came across a small explanation by Dmitry Dulepov on the
hackingcontest site:
"Now you can use OpenID for both FE and BE. It is tested with Yahoo and
LiveJournal OpenIDs (http and https). After you install OpenID extension,
go to your user record and enter your OpenID below your TYPO3 user name.
Next you can use that OpenID to authenticate yourself in BE and FE with
any available login box! If login box wants a password, just type
ajnything in the password field (it will be ignored). Standard
authentication is also possible in parallel."

So, it seems that nothing needs to be added to the login box.

--
Jigal van Hemert.