[TYPO3-english] use tt_news if no content element

Michael Christensen michael at stenskjaer.dk
Wed Nov 26 20:54:28 CET 2008

Hi list!

I'm trying to make my site use a tt_news function if no content elements
are created at that specific part of the template.

I've tried to insert the following in the TS of the template DS (with
templavoila):
10 = RECORDS
	10.source.current=1
	10.tables = tt_content
	10.wrap = <!--TYPO3SEARCH_begin--> | <!--TYPO3SEARCH_end-->
	20 < plugin.tt_news
	20.ifEmpty.current = 1

It doesn't work. I imports the tt_news regardsless of whether there is
any content or not.
But it works with text, like this:

10 = RECORDS
	10.source.current=1
	10.tables = tt_content
	10.wrap = <!--TYPO3SEARCH_begin--> | <!--TYPO3SEARCH_end-->
	20 = TEXT
	20.value = HELLO WORLD!
	20.ifEmpty.current = 1

Any suggestions?
It would be really cool, if it was still possible to use the templavoila
page module to insert content, and when that content field is empty, I
want it to use the tt_news (LATEST). Does that make sense?

Kind regards
Michael