[TYPO3-english] cumulative count of all images on a page

Paul Vetch paul at qedstudio.com
Mon Nov 24 23:08:07 CET 2008

Hello list,

I'm trying to figure out a way, using TS only, to count all of the images on
a page - across multiple content elements.  The reason is because I want to
be able to output 'figure' numbers on each thumbnail on a page - it sounds
odd / unidiomatic for web display I know, but this is a highly complex
website, pages have multiple images and it's often not possible to have
images next to the text they relate to.  So having figure numbers could be
very helpful.

Although I can get register:IMAGE_NUM_CURRENT, this doesn't help me because
it counts only the images within a single content element (for obvious
reasons) - whereas I want a figure which is cumulative across multiple CEs
on a page.  Does anyone know if I can do this with TS?

Thanks!!

Paul