[TYPO3-english] yafi: subtitle and bodytext of imported items is always cropped to 120 chars

Bert Hiddink hiddink at bendoo.com
Mon Nov 24 09:54:32 CET 2008

Hello!

I am using the YAFI-extension of Dimitry for importing feeds into
tt_news, using the build-in tt_news importer. Great extenxion and
everything is fine except that both subheader and description ("short"
and "bodytext"-field) in tt_news gets cropped to 100 chars, ignoring the
configuration option for this in the importer: "Crop subheader to this
many chars:"

As a result, both the subheader and description-field looks like this:

"Netbeheerders worden verplicht om duurzaam opgewekte elektriciteit met
voorrang over de netten te tr"

Do I miss something here? And why both fields (short, bodytext) are
cropped (subheader makes sense to me but description not)?

Many thanks in advance!

grt,
-brt

--