[TYPO3-english] Non-admin backend user can't insert translation

Marieke Vandamme marie at tvh.be
Fri Nov 21 15:23:19 CET 2008

Hello,

My non-admin user can't add translations for a page.
- The 'Make new translation of this page' dropdown isn't showing on the
Web>Page view. I searched the net for this and found some bug (0009411:
Editors cannot create new translations of pages). So I changed to the latest
version (typo3_src-4.3.0alpha1), and looked inside the code if the patch was
applied. But still no dropdown to create new translation for the page
- When trying to insert the translation with the Web>Info>Localization
overview, I just get an empty page after clicking the icon to create a new
translation

I made sure my backend user has all checkboxes checked for the 'limit to
languages'-setting.

Is there another setting or TS configuration?
Thanks for the help!! Marieke.